What My Customers Say

Saturday 29 July 2017

EATING OUR WAY AROUND LONDON


We planned a pre-surgery couple of days in London to see friends and generally relax. We drove up on Tuesday, and during our stop at the motorway services I had a call to say that the operation had been put back to 31st August. I had mixed emotions as I'd got my head around the whole process, but on the other hand I was glad that I could have the Summer holidays with the girls without any restrictions.



Our first stop once we'd arrived was Spitalfields, for a few drinks in the evening sun and to watch the world go by (got to say people watching is a whole lot better than in our home town) A few more drinks at different bars and we set about a meat filled menu at Pitt Cue in Devonshire Square.


Wednesday we headed into town and had my favourite lunch, of salt beef (three layers high) sandwiches and coffee in Selfridges Food Hall. Amazing!


Beautiful chocolate selection too.

With our stomachs full we headed across town to Borough Market, a feast for the eyes and taste buds, but we were still so full that we could only manage a cider at the cider stall.



In the evening it was friends and dinner.


Thursday I met up with my friend Jaz outside Libertys, as always  we wander the floors amazed at the prices of things we like, before heading off somewhere a little more affordable.


Lunch with Jaz was at the YAUATCHA in Soho, Dim sums and cocktails. I've never had such gorgeous dim sums, I'll definitely be revisiting this place with Harry as they also have an amazing range of cakes which I didn't get to try this time.


Putting on a sale at the end of the week there'll be 25% OFF. So I haven't made any new dresses, but did experiment with a new bag. Lined with ticking its a black PVC bag with various bright handles and a big handy pocket on the front.


Just something I wanted to make with my left over pieces of Moomin fabric a huge lined tote bag. Available on the website.





breast cancer update

A few days after we returned from London I had a letter to say my surgery was 31st July.  So after getting my head around the new end of August date I'm now looking at beginning of the week.  Part of me is disappointed because of the girls summer holidays, and then a part of me just wants to get on with it.  This also means we won't need to change our planned Summer holidays in September to October. I've also got a week which will include the Carnival festivities that take place at this time. Hey it could be worse, I could be on crutches all Summer.


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment