What My Customers Say

Saturday 7 July 2012

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW.

A few months ago I went to stay with a friend Jenny who'd bought a bungalow in Amersham that had been lived in by the same lady for years.  
I asked her to save me the curtains in the bedroom if she didn't want them "what on earth are you going to do with them"? she asked me.  When I told her I wanted to make some little dresses she looked at me as if I was mad and likened me to Maria from The Sound Of Music.  Anyway there was only enough fabric for 3 but I think there great!
Another wholesale order this month from Starbags/Semmelina in Ebury Street, Pimlico, twelve dresses and all my stock of vintage frilly knickers. Fabulous!
 And a few new fabrics.  This boats fabric was given to me by my Mum, each dress comes up slightly different because of the way the pattern is, and I've lined them in various fabrics, stripes, gingham and plain cotton
 This fabric was given to me by my friend Sam of Peagreen Furniture it's a great piece of 70's fabric with a big bold border at the bottom which I used on the back of a shift dress.
Sunday 1st July was the Craft Hub 'Summer of Love' event, another great day with lots of talented local people selling their wares. The next Craft Hub event will be 2nd December at Exeter Castle.
 Sam from Peagreen Furniture gorgeous scented candles in vintage china and glass
Becka Devon Interior Designs -personalised wooden letters, coat pegs and lots of other lovely items.
and I had to commission one of these fab felt brooches from Lucky Lulu 

No comments:

Post a Comment