What My Customers Say

Sunday 11 June 2017

A LONG & PLEASANT HALF TERM

As the girls broke up for half term, it looked like we were in for some good weather (but it didn't last) Met up with friends on Bank Holiday Monday on the back beach, and then a visit to the fair on the way home.  Mabel jumped on the waltzers with Harry, and spent the whole ride absolutely petrified screaming and crying, while Bella and I looked on with cruel amusement.


 Thursday we drove to the lovely town of Cheltenham. Bella was competing with her ballet group in the All England Dance finals. We stayed over night, went for dinner, and sat outside some lovely bars people watching (which can only be done for so long with children) Harry and I have decided we will return on our own soon.



On the way home we stopped off a AirHop 


My Mum celebrated her 70th birthday (doesn't she look good)on the 12th May with a fancy dress party. She kindly took us out for a family meal this week to celebrate at Fresco Italian a little family run Italian in Teignmouth serving delicious freshly cooked Italian food. I didn't have room for a desert which is a rarity.


Bella returned to school after a week off, but Mabel's had another week. Very handy if you have both children at the same school, and are able to get away. The weather could not have been worse, and a promised boat trip and fossilising on Charmouth Beach, didn't happen.  I secretly envied the people who had jetted off to warmer climes. So it was more indoor play areas, in the shape of Bear Feet in Newton Abbot and Ibounce in Exeter. A chance to catch up with friends for both of us.


Not an awful lot of making going on recently, but I did enjoy making these lavender bags with my scraps of Liberty fabric. I thought they would make good end of term teacher presents 

and even some for kids. They are available on the website although most of them have already sold. I will be making more.


A lovely day at The Contemporary Craft Festival 2017 in Bovey Tracey with friends. The weather changed between fine rain and sunshine, and in true British style we carried on in the mud regardless. And as  the rain got heavier, we sat huddled around a table with big umbrellas and Prosecco. 




chemo update

Chemo No. 5 has seen my nails turn a funny colour, and it looks as if I will lose my big toe nails. This one has been particularly tiring, whether this is the accumulative effect, but my energy levels  plummeted especially on the second week. Although looking back while writing this blog I don't think I've done too bad! My last chemo is actually today.  hooray!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment