What My Customers Say

Tuesday 8 November 2016

HELLO WINTER

 It was a week for replacing electrical items that I couldn't live without, the dishwasher and my sewing machine. There was a few days of living without the dishwasher, and as a family we decided to do the dishes the old way, the four of us in the kitchen sharing the washing and drying. Disaster! Bickering, broken glasses and general disharmony. Was I glad to see the dishwasher arrive on Sunday? My sewing machine, old and over used decided it was time to rest and so a new one was bought.  An expensive but happy week.


This Weeks Makes


Love this Anorak fox fabric with it's Autumnal colours




A small piece of this cherry fabric made just three dresses. One I pre-sold and the other two sold straight away. Because of the nature of my fabrics I don't know if I'll ever come across it again.



This week the temperature definitely dropped a few degrees and there was no getting away from it Winter was here, (not my favourite season.) Having dropped off Mabel at school I decided to get the ferry back over the river. Sitting on the beach pretty much on my own, I had a very calming reflective moment. The water was like glass, there was a slight mist over the river and there was a tide line of Autumn leaves. Very peaceful.




Still loving making these towelling backed bibs. This little group are all made with vintage fabrics.


These are a mixture of Cath Kidston, Orla Kiely and others


New bags included these red and a white stag print 



Walking to school with Mabel in the morning, with the wind biting our cheeks, the low Winter sun was still rising in the sky. I had one of those WOW! moments. 



This week we tried another of Exeter's new restaurants Turtle Bay 
Loved it, and will definitely be back for more. 


Another new line for My Sister Mabel are these double sided kids aprons. Inspired by a cooking loving Mabel who has been wearing her dads oversized apron, she asked me to make her one of her own, and then I just kept on making.


We ended the week with a stroll along the beach with friends. Ness beach has the added fun of being accessed only through this old smugglers tunnel.



A little Winter rainbow.



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment