What My Customers Say

Wednesday 27 April 2016

SHAKESPEARE & STITICHING

 Mabel attends a wonderful children's theatre group on Saturday mornings called Junk Monkeys (which she absolutely loves.) To celebrate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death they put together a short version of Midsummer Nights Dream. (I've never studied Shakespeare at school, so can't say I understood the story) but it was amazing, and so entertaining, and we were so proud of her.  


Mabel as an Athenian 


and as fairy called Moth 

 In between rehearsals, Mabel's been busy modelling lot of new dresses. Good to learn that "multitasking" thing early!

The rabbit dress with the random pocket.




This is the second time I've worked with this green and white Cats & Dogs Scandinavian fabric (which also comes in red)

My Mum kindly gave my a piece of Orla Kiely Scribble Stem fabric, which I've teamed up with some light weight chambray to make these two unique little dresses.


and the same idea again but this time with a piece Orla Kiely Wallflower fabric 






While Mabel was at rehearsals, Bella stepped in to model a few dresses for me. This dress made from a piece of original 1960's psychedelic fabric I found on Ebay. It was in fantastic condition and will hopefully carry on for another 50 years in the form of these dresses.




and this classic Sanderson print fabric pinafore 



This week we were also very happy to be chosen as the Junior Style
Brand of the Week. Helping the promotion with some lovely photos of one of our dresses was Fiveladiesandbeau


As we approach the end of ANOTHER month I can see a glimpses of Summer appearing 

This blog has been verified by Rise: R85e941c96e7085e30e431988023f0a99

No comments:

Post a Comment