What My Customers Say

Saturday 28 March 2020

UPCYCLING

I've been up cycling some lovely fabrics into some unique bags in the past few months, including this vibrant pink/orange and brown tablecloth found in my local retro shop Hello Retro. 



Mabel Messenger Bag 


and a couple of large totes with some added repurposed denim




A piece of 70's barkcloth, originally a curtain in vibrant orange with a piece of unwanted denim 





Made this with some unwanted off cuts of tweed and a pair of green waterproof trousers, making the pockets base and handles, finished with orange stitching and lined with cream canvas. 




A large tote made with a pair of denim jeans and an orange flower barkcloth.


A pair of denim jeans and a piece from a 70's pink floral curtain 


A large tote made from a combination of old and new fabric. including a piece of Orla Kiely, a 70's woven bedspread and a pieces from a retro Danish duvet cover.



I've been saving my left over pieces of fabric from making dresses over the years (I hardly ever throw anything away.) Inspired by a quilt I found on Pinterest I decided to give it ago, and have now caught the bug. Above is a single quilt made from a combination of  70, mainly Scandinavian inspired fabrics and backed with a pale blue and white spot cotton. 


A fun play mat made from a combination of fabrics with grey channeling and backed with grey and white str print cotton.


All available on the website. www.mysistermabel.bigcartel.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment