What My Customers Say

Wednesday 27 June 2018

FOR THE LOVE OF DOGS



The recent half term we found ourselves in the usual position where Bella has one week off and Mabel has two. Mabel and I decided to take this opportunity to go to London and visit friends and family. Prior to our visit I offered Mabel a show of her choice in the West End, but she turned  me down, and explained that what she really wanted to do was visit Battersea Dogs Home, the location of her very favourite TV programme.  For The Love Of Dogs. 



First stop was to my cousin Richard and his wife Mervi, who have recently returned back to England from New York and now live in Ottershaw. Mabel couldn't have been happier as they also now have 
an 11 week old puppy Duke.



The next day it was off to Kingston and friends Steve and Ang and their daughters Megan and Emma.  Funny enough they also have a young Spingador Charlie, so once again a very happy Mabel



We left Kingston the next day, and headed into London. First stop had to be Hamleys, and because for all other children half term had been the week before, it practically empty







I was very exciited by the prospect of being in town for the Summer Art Exhibition at the Royal Academy, but alas we were about 3 days too earlier, so we wondered around anyway and took in the sights, and a little Grayson Perry preview.




We stayed with our friends Scott and Heather and although they don't have a dog anymore, they do have Gino their son,who Mabel enjoyed  getting to grips with playstation games with. 



Scorching hot the next day we headed for London and the Embankment. We took a stroll through Battersea Park and eventually got to Battersea 



And then we were there, and with a £2 entrance fee, it was considerably cheaper than a West End Show.  I was amazed at the size of it, and obviously how generous people are to this charity.  We weren't aloud to photograph the dogs but  they all looked longing at us as we passed their kennels (which was a little heart breaking) and of course we then went upstairs to see all the cats and kittens. 




Finally that evening we stayed with my friend Chrissie who was celebrating her birthday with a great group of women, many of whom I hadn't seen for a while. The next day it was home.




Treatment update

I haven't done a treatment update for sometime, as there has been nothing really to tell, I finished the herceptin in March and then the day the girls broke up for half term I went in for my last bit of surgery my "designer nipples." this was a small day surgery operation done under a general anaesthetic to reconstruct the nipple, tattoo the areola, and remove the ports (which had been used to expand the implants)  Of course there was the usual list of possible complications, but I feel lucky to say it all went very well and I'm very pleased.  I have one follow up appointment in a couple of weeks and then thats me totally finished.  Hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment